Cancelled–Academy Festival, May 4
Due to standing water in the areas between soccer fields and in the parking lots, we are cancelling the May 4th Festival at CAYSA.
Current conditions present an unsafe environment for those getting to and from games, and none of us enjoy having to remove cars stuck in a muddy parking lot.
We will once again end the season with an Academy Festival at the CAYSA fields on May 4.
As usual, all teams should check in at the Meeting Hall at least 1 hour before their first game. We need player cards (laminated, with photos) and players, so we can stamp players’ hands. Then referees will only need to see the stamped hand at each game. Games start at 9am; expect the gates to open around 7:30am.
The spring warmth always brings the fire ants up from their subterranean depths. We treat for them, but keep an eye out for them in the parking lots, fields, and spectator areas.
All adults in the technical areas of the fields (between fields, where spectators are not) need to have their KidSafe card prominently displayed at all times.
The schedule is available here. The search box at the top is useful for finding your team.
- Please park only in areas marked on the map and not on any area ever used as a soccer field, as the irrigation system is easily damaged by vehicles driving on it. The front 3 parking lots will be painted for use. Keep vehicles out of areas pained red, as those are access zones for emergency vehicles.
- No pets are allowed at our facility; please enjoy them at home.
- There will be no concession stand at this Festival. Bring your own, or the gas station near the north-east corner of our property would be happy to sell to you.
- Players will need to check in at the Meeting Hall with their player ID card to get their hand stamped one hour before their first game.
- Restrooms will be in the front parking lot in the corner where fields 1, 2, and 5 meet and near the back corner of the central parking lot where fields 3 and 4 meet. There will be a couple more in the parking area near the Meeting Hall. The Google map of the field layout will be slight modified, with the small 4v4 fields (3A & 3B) both where 3A is on the map, closer to field 2 than field 4.
- Please have coaches & players in the area between fields with parents & other fans sitting on the outside edges (eg. on field 1, coaches and players are between 1A and 1B, with spectators on the outside).